|Part online option available
|Level 3 Paediatric Emergency First Aid (RQF)
|6 hours/ 1 day
To give candidates the confidence and ability to deal with a number of life-threatening situations specifically in infants and children. This course will not meet Ofsted standards, but is ideal for parents and babysitters. In some instances, where there are already sufficient numbers of staff with the full Paediatric First Aid qualification, other members of staff would benefit from this course.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course. The course covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- Assess an emergency situation safely.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Provide first aid to infant/child who has a foreign body airway obstruction.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child with external bleeding.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child who is suffering from shock.
- Provide first aid to an infant/child with anaphylaxis.
It is possible to carry out 6 hours online learning followed by 1 day face to face.
Cost includes: course, manual, and where possible tea, coffee and biscuits.
To enquire about courses please fill in the Course Enquiry Form or call Steve on 07812 594012